WebPush notification service, webpush channels using kinto.core
Mansimar Kaur (~mansimarkaur) |
What is Kinto and Kinto.core?
A minimalist JSON storage service used and developed at Mozilla. It has been released under the Apache v2 license. Kinto.core is the toolkit based on cornice, pyramid and postgresql.
Why use Kinto?
An overview of the awesome features of Kinto and what it offers to developers who want to contribute to it or want to use it to create their great idea.
What is Web Push?
- A brief about what the webpush technology is and how it works.
- What are service workers and their role in webpush.
- What are push servers and their role in webpush.
- How to subscribe to push notifications
What is WebPush Channels?
- What is PubSub and how it’s at the heart of the webpush service, webpush channels?
- What are channels?
- How to subscribe to a channel?
- How to publish to a channel?
Summary of the entire process and working of the webpush channels service
- webpush channels readthedocs - http://webpush-channels-broadcasting.readthedocs.io/en/latest/
- webpush channels github repo - https://github.com/webpush-channels/webpush-channels
- slides for the talk - https://docs.google.com/a/mozilla.com/presentation/d/1wg-azLZ3FPO_D8Tk6dF7WbwKvBav88CI3UhtM9YGpKw/edit?usp=sharing
- kinto readthedocs - http://kinto.readthedocs.io/en/stable/
- kinto github repo - https://github.com/Kinto/kinto/
I'm a junior year pursuing a B.E. in Computer Engineering at Netaji Subhas Institute of Technology, New Delhi. I work as a Mozilla intern with the storage team of Mozilla. I have delivered a talk on webpush channels - my project at Mozilla in the python devroom at FOSDEM 2017. Being an ardent open source enthusiast, I have contributed to Kinto - a minimalist JSON storage service and Brackets - a code editor by Adobe and also have a string of self-projects that I'm proudly maintaining. I have also been the lead web developer at Clado - an online rental company. I am a Web Developer working with the various societies of my college. As part of my role for one of the societies, I'm also mentoring a group pf juniors and colleagues and helping them venture into the field of web development and open source development.
Open Source contributions: