Build Pythonic development environments in nix
Amit Kumar Jaiswal (~amitkumarj441) |
Our aim of this session is the Introduction of rqtxt2nix, which is a small utility which converts requirements.txt file into .nix file that contains myEnvFun declaration, which helps to build pythonic development environments in nix.
Build nix expressions from pythonic requirements.txt
- Generates nice short and clean dev environment expression
- Makes specific versions of python libraries from requirements.txt
- Writes url/hash code boiler plate
- Doesn’t execute untrusted code (i.e., setup.py)
- Very short and simple script
Apart from the above feature, our session outlines are:
Note: The rqtxt2nix does absolutely nothing to track dependencies, The main idea is that it’s easy to add buildInputs.
- Python Version
- Customizing the environment
- Altering packages
- Updating environments
Since this would be a development workshop on Python, so participants should come with their own laptop given that they should know the Python programming language. Development should be from scratch and can be shown, still without any problem related to a varying number of participants.
Important links for attendees: 1. Nixos and Nixos documentation, myEnvFun
I'll be sharing my talk slides and codebase soon.
Amit Kumar Jaiswal is an open hacktivist and a Mozilla Representative acting as a Mozilla Science Lab collaborator, developer at WorldBrain, is a final year undergrad of Computer Science & Engineering from Kanpur University. He is a former internee at IIM Ahmadabad, CMIE and evangelizing Open Source and Mozilla. He has delivered talks at Mozilla Global Sprint, University of California Berkeley 2016 and an invited attendee to LEAP Summit'16( Croatia), PWA Summit'16 (Amsterdam) and Blockchain Money Conference'16 (London) and WikiToLearn India Conference'17.
Github Codebase : http://github.com/amitkumarj441
- Twitter: http://twitter.com/AMIT_GKP
- Tumblr: http://amitgkp.tumblr.com
- Web: http://amitkumarj441.github.io
- Blog: http://amitcsa.wordpress.com
- Facebook: http://facebook.com/amitkumarjaiswal
- LinkedIn: http://in.linkedin.com/in/amitkumarjaiswal1
- Keybase: https://keybase.io/amitkumarjaiswal
- Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/User_talk:Amit_gkp
- Gravatar: https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Amit_Kumar_Jaiswal.jpg
- PGP Key: EBE7 39F0 0427 4A2C