Let's package your python code
Chandan Kumar (~chkumar246) |
Writting code is always easier but making it consumable to users is difficult.
If you are a python developer, you always needs user's feedback to know how your application works, For doing this you need to package it and made it available for users through pypi.
Let's sit down and learn:
- Why should i package my code?
- tools required to package your code
- python project structure before packaging
- use setuptools to create your setup.py and setup.cfg files
- understand and create .egg/.whl format
- upload your package to Pypi
- let us make your life little easier with PBR
- finally! let's become the shows topper!
Links related to packaging:
- Basic knowledge of Python Programming Language is required.
- A linux laptop with python 2.7/3.4 Installed.
- Install pip
- sudo pip install virtualenv
- sudo pip install pbr
Chandan Kumar is a software engineer at Red Hat, India.
Apart from day job, I hack on fedora, RDO and OpenStack.
I am one of the organizer of python pune meetup group and give talks on different python topics in python pune monthly meetup.
Apart from that, last year i had presented python 101 workshop at Pybelgum 2015.